I am going to etch down about this nature's beauty today - Big Sur. This close to 100 mile stretch of coast road that hugs the pacific ocean on one side and mountains on the other side is quaint and never disappoints the tourists. Big Sur is most commonly visited on a road trip from Los Angeles to San Francisco. Its a 3.5 hour detour on the Los Angeles to San Francisco Highway. Highway 1 it is called. The undeniably gorgeous views fills you in with so much relaxation and rejuvenation. It is a treat to the eye of Nature lovers.
We were on a road trip and Big Sur is always on my bucket list , so we had to top it this time. The Complete journey to Big Sur is a living dream with a scenic beauty. It just makes you pull off the road multiple times to capture the beauty of so many hidden coves. The Vista points do complete justice to your photographs and be very careful as there are many steep edges at the vista points. Make sure you wear comfortable foot wear. It also has beautiful camp grounds if you plan on one. Check below for more information on Big Sur.
Three Things you do not know about Big Sur:
1. There is no cell phone service for around 19 miles mountain stretch and you might have to get to the town to connect to wifi.
2. The real Big Sur starts in Carmel and ends at Hearst Castle (try making a stop at these two places).
3. It has quite very high prices especially the food and gas.(Do rent a car and start early to visit the places to avoid the crowd).
Three must visit places in Big Sur:
1. The purple sand beach.
2. The famous and photographer's favourite Big Sur Bixby Bidge.
3. The Hot Springs.
Three best hotels to stay in Big Sur:
1. Fernwood Resorts and Campgrounds. (best Food Tavern ).
2. Glenn oaks Big Sur. Best romantic resort for couples.
3. Treebones Resort. This place is heaven and must be booked very well in advance.
Three best Food Places in Big Sur:
1. Fernwood tavern. Moderately priced and no reservation required and food is amazing here.
2. Big Sur Bakery and Restaurant. Though the prices are on the higher side.
3. Nepenthe. The famous restaurant of the town.
Three tips and tricks before you pack to Big Sur:
1. Buy a map to avoid any confusion with the routes since we lack the cell phone signals or load your google maps with via points for multiple pit stops when you have wifi.
2. Get yourselves prepared with all types of weather conditions because California is unpredictable and can be cold and windy at any time.
3. Have some cash handy for small tuck shops and to enter state parks .
Dress @ : www.loft.com.
Sunnies @ : www. Michaelkors.com.
shoes @ : www.aldoshoes.com.
This is Shrithi, founder of The Chic Iconic. I am a minimalist , aesthetic and a positivist by nature. Along side I am an optimist , I transfigure my ideas, thoughts and tips into beautiful fairy tale moments and blog posts.