Whats up guys? Did you have all have a wonderful weekend?... Do you guys agree to the fact that most of us are shopping champions and we seriously follow the "shop till you drop" phrase like a success mantra?..... Well I use to do that a lot , until I realized and thought about how sorted I am in life?. It may not be always just about shopping , but so many things I had to streamline. One among such is my urge to shop more than I need. I have so many things to put on table , but right now let us just focus on " How to be a smart shopper " part. Below are 5 practices that worked better for me and I hope it might help some of you guys as well , after all I am all about sharing my personal practices and experiences. Scroll down to read.
1. Set a fixed budget : Yes , before you even think of stepping out randomly to stroll at a mall and shop , set up a fixed budget. When there is a figure you fix for and when you know you are going beyond , you mind automatically thinks you are doing something that you are not supposed to and if your will power is high , you will not blur your boundaries.
2 . Draw your budget cash to Pay: This step restrains you more from over shopping. Do not go even a penny beyond your budget cash. Also when we swipe we certainly pay atleast 20% more than what we have to by the time we finish shopping at multiple brands. So draw cash and pay for the purchases.
3. Differentiate between a "WANT" and a "NEED" : When you look around too many pieces at a time , the first sentence that rings in your mind is " I want this". Try and surpass that statement and try to consciously think beyond. Now try on shopping with a list , list all your needs and stick to them. But that does not mean life is just to survive and not meant to be lived. Treat yourself with some wants , along the way . But do so when you can afford and enjoy those wants as extras that they are.
4. Shop Unseason : This is the thumb rule for smart shoppers. When a season almost comes to an end and brands start to stock up the new season's latest arrivals , there are always unseasonal stuff quoted at lower prices , like the winter fashion , boots and scarves. Pick them at lower prices than they are when they are high priced. This works better and saves almost 50% of your money.
5. Set a time frame : Do not dawdle around the mall or shopping center aimlessly in a hustle to pick up as much as you can. Many of try to shop as we while-away our afternoon stroll or beat boredom. I would not advocate this strategy. To be a smart shopper set up a strict time frame and once its time , head back home. Your time is too valuable and cannot be spent mindlessly.
Hope today's post was interesting and helpful to some of you. Since I keep getting these kind of requests on my Instagram and Facebook , I keep converting those into posts and sharing my personal experiences. If you have any similar questions , write to me on firstname.lastname@example.org or DM me on Instagram @the_chic_iconic (Click here). Let us get back in touch with a new post.
---The Chic Iconic---
Buy this outfit : Pastels and Pink by Shrithi
5 Productive Things to do Instead Of Scrolling Through Instagram Infinitely....(Let’s Talk Life _part 1)
I am a blogger and a part of me lies totally on the Instagram platform.
But I cannot legit scrolling through Instagram for about 15 -20 minutes continuously and doing nothing multiple times a day. Not hitting a like , neither commenting on some soulful pictures. That means I am not meeting the purpose of the platform whose whole concept is networking. In fact I cannot positively validate the amount of time I spend on Instagram.
Are you in the same boat?. I am sure I am not alone. I have always wondered what's the incatation here.
This platform is an essential part of my branding and marketing sources to work with brands and get paid. But then social media is just a highlight of what we bloggers do , not behind the scenes.
The content we put together for a project and promotion runs in our websites. We want it to be seen , read , felt and understood. For the kind of research we put in to dispense the best quality content , a simple reward is the read.
For if you read through , we have hidden references , information , branding and much more to this content. So here is how I broke it down into a list to help myself and also some of you guys to get back on right track of living life the real way and not get addicted to Instagram or any other platform. Not that I negate the concept of social media , But I plan my time and give it a limited provision of time in my day to keep a healthy mind and body. So here is the list.
1. READ A BOOK.
Read an actual book , When was the last time you did that?... I am an avid book lover , of course I have my own simple choice of reading random books for which I find the gist to be interesting - especially the murder mysteries. That is how I have developed an urge to write , put things on paper and started honing my skills towards literature and pick up knowledge spill from here and there. Reading a book helps you expatiate your skill set and improve comprehension. You feel much more powerful and self sufficient when you actually feel contended.
2. START A BLOG.
Have you been thinking for the longest time to start a blog?. Start your research , find your interests. Learn from your favorite bloggers. Get an idea on marketing and SEOs. Believe me, my blog is my vent and my soulful journal that takes me sky high and also brings me back to ground , thus hitting a balance. I would love to provide a step by step guide on how to start your blog.
3. CREATE A BUDGET PLAN FOR THE MONTH/YEAR.
I Know creating a budget or thinking about it is not the sexiest thing. You would rather love to wake up , go for shopping and not bother in the world about how much you spent. But the reality is different , I have slowly come to terms with that. Let me tell you something , the money habits you form now in your twenties are going to impact your "financial future" either positively or negatively. So calm down , mince out a budget plan for yourself and your future self will thank you big time.
4. SPEND QUALITY TIME.
Do you have a pet ? a cat , a dog.. Do you live with your boyfriend , husband or mom & dad?. Do you have a baby?. Regardless of whom you live with , it is very soul satisfying to put down your phone and spend quality time with them. Always take a walk everyday with your loved ones. Do not cook up your brain with phone after long working hours , it is essential for your brain to see multiple things and emotions everyday to function in multi direction. Restricting it digitally will limit its functionality. I am no doctor to say this nor am I qualified. But experiences does count , Hence I am putting forth.
5. TAKE A NAP.
I regret every single day that I spent scrolling through Instagram , instead I should have taken a nap. Most of us think that taking a nap is waste of time. But short naps or power naps helps you recharge your self , just like your mobile your body hints tiredness and a need for recharge , identify right in time and take a nap. Immensely successful people like "THOMAS ALVA EDISON" swears by these power naps as the energy secrets. THOMAS ALVA EDISON has set up napping cots through out his house , laboratories and libraries for when ever he needed to recharge.
So that is it for today guys. Since I have promised to concentrate more on lifestyle blog posts, I will be working on them as per the requests from you guys. Thanks for an anonymous reader to bring this topic on table and made me work on it for the betterment of me and my follower friends and readers.
Outfit by : Threeness_Official ( Click here)
Earrings by : Krafted with Happiness (Click here)
Watch by: Valor_Watches(Click here)
This is Shrithi, founder of The Chic Iconic. I am a minimalist , aesthetic and a positivist by nature. Along side I am an optimist , I transfigure my ideas, thoughts and tips into beautiful fairy tale moments and blog posts.