Hello my dearest readers and Followers. Here I am, circling back with another interesting post. This is like a long term relationship with you guys , all who has been with me right from the starting , folks who joined somewhere in between the span and some new faces who started reading me here , I am glad and grateful to all of you who keep inspiring me to come up with more interesting content every time. Although I felt a need to take a break and introduce myself all over again . So I am going to tell you guys "25 Random Facts About Me..."
Scroll down ........
1. I am the person behind "THE CHIC ICONIC" and my name is "Shriti Chakravarthy".
2. I am obsessed with color - PINK.
3. I love nature and constantly stay connected with nature - "HELPS ME KEEP MYSELF GROUNDED".
4. I married my college cutie ( We were in love and Later our families fell in love too).
5. I am an accidental Computer Science Major - wanted to pursue "Journalism and Mass Media Communications".
6. If I weren't a Computer science engineer , I would be in "PRINT JOURNALISM".
7. I am an aesthetic by nature , I see life in beautiful blooms and colors.
8. I hate Antiques ( I feel they are haunted).
9. I hate to settle in one place , Love to move and learn cultures.
10. My very first pet was a parrot. My dad rescued one and I had to let it go after two weeks.
11. I love designing clothes and I pursued it to become a part of my career.
12. My favorite holiday destination is "EUROPE".
13. I plan on continuing my studies more in various areas as and when I get an opportunity.
14. My favorite Netflix shows - "GILMORE GIRLS" , "GOSSIP GIRL".
15. I take an emotional break by reading books - when too many things get into my head , I isolate myself and get rebooted by reading my favorite authors.
16. My Current read - "101 ESSAYS THAT CHANGE THE WAY YOU THINK" by Brianna Wiest .
17. I have a star tattoo above my collar bone - it is inspired by a bollywood actress "SONAKSHI SINHA".
18. I believe in "ETHICAL FASHION" - buy less and create more. I feel a need to be responsible towards our planet and how our habits are leading to the destruction of healthy lifestyle for future generations.
19. I was a volley ball player ( too passionate ) and I stopped playing at the age of 16.
20. I am more of a coffee person than an ice-cream person.
Scroll Down for much interesting Facts....
THE ABOVE 20 FACTS ARE VERY RANDOM. Now let me tell you more specific FACTS about me.
21. I just can’t stop caring/thinking about the other side of the coin. In a discussion I sometimes try to not agree with everybody's perspective and put the opposite perspective to strike a balance and it gets weird sometimes. As such I do not limit my thinking even after a weird silence whatsoever.
22. I do not bargain or negotiate (or at least I rarely do) when it comes to pricing. If the price is right then I’ll be happy and if it’s not then I’ll just move on.
23. I constantly google a lot about productivity and efficiency and I feed my brain until it is too full and about to vomit. Here are some apps - made them a part of my life and I share a co-working space with them on my phone.
25. And Finally if you want to be friends with me , I am automatically attracted to friendships with honesty , fair -mindedness , non-judgmental , outspokenness , extreme positivist about life , lives more in reality and whoever loves pink color - that a bonus.
Thanks for reading the blog today. Always striving to make it more interesting for your guys. I love you all so much. See you all in this space for the next blog post,
This look is sponsored by : alayabystage3.com/
Hello Guys. Welcome back to the blog again. I am glad that the previous post did so well and you guys loved it and felt it is helpful. Here is another practice that have inculcated in my life after lot of struggle , procrastination and carelessness. So today's post is about " How to unplug from technology ?". I only wish that this doesn't become a prominent question to ask self . It should have been a part of healthy habits naturally. If feels like the time is long gone where people thought that technology is just a part and something that is invented to make our lives easy and better.
The case with the current generation and technology is so serious that it started effecting their work and personal life so much so that the stress attached to it is causing extremely dreadful issues - social isolation , insomnia , depression , addictive behavior , personal life disruption etc. This is called a "selfie generation " where the average smartphone user checks their device 150 times a day. Doing more than one thing at a time sometimes makes you less productive and stupider , rather than increasing the efficiency. Studies also show that young adults who overuse technology and bury their face in a screen for the largest part of the time show similar brain patterns to those addicted to alcohol and cocaine.
So here are the 5 ways to unplug from technology on daily basis , leaving you to get most out of your work and your life.
Are you ready to unplug?
Scroll down (..........)
1. START YOUR DAY RIGHT...
There were days where you woke up , went straight to freshen-up , get your breakfast and start your day - those days are before the technology era took over human's life. Resurrect those days , Do not reach out for your phone/laptop immediately after you wake up . You are not supposed to start your day with a news/post/message that immediately creates an impact on you brain thus releasing stress hormones. Put the phone as far as you can when you go to sleep the before night. Immediately after you wake up , try to practice meditating , boost your brain with other alternatives. You will have a more productive and happier day.
2. RUN AN ACCOUNTABILITY SYSTEM.
If you are someone who constantly surfs on internet and feel like your time is being totally unmanageable , fill you day as such there is no spare time. And pack your after-work schedule with activities that nourish you so that there is very little time for online activities between work, dinner and sleep. Do stuff that helps you grow as a person , strong and confident personality being neutral to technology influence.
3. LET'S DO A DIGITAL DIET.
Just like you count our steps when you walk that help you drop pounds , why not start counting your technology time?. This is what I do - I keep 1/2 hour during my work break to surf , check mails ,messages , comments , posts etc. Once I am out of time , I shut down all apps and put the phone aside. If I go beyond my usual number of times I buried my face on screen , I count how many times I did that and take a note. The next day I try to reduce it by 10% and so on and so forth. Trust me , this helped.
4. BE MORE IN-THE-MOMENT.
One of the biggest costs we pay for our societies’ addiction to constant connection is that we are no longer living in the moment.
Enjoy your time in that moment , not through the lens , but bare eyes. Start writing and leaving notes at the dining table or freezer for your partner rather than texting him. Make small changes so that you reduce the intrusion of technology in your personal life. Make a strict WE-time with your partners, friends and family. You grow more as a healthy , lovable and productive person.
5. JUST SWITCH OFF (once in a while)...
The world is not going to end . Even though there are many tricks and apps to keep a check on the time we spend on technology , switching it off for some time and unplugging yourself from it is the best and more relaxing thing to do. Build a routine so that you are online for part of the day, and then strictly offline for the rest of the day, enjoying life, or focused on your work, or just relaxing. During this time , set some activity for yourself - workout , sports , groceries shopping etc (write down a list instead of putting it on phone notes). Go old school to go technology free.
ARE YOU READY TO UNPLUG?
You probably know, at some level, whether your use of technology is getting out of control and impacting on your quality of life. You miss out on simple moments that you should live with a full presence of mind. Unwind and unplug everyday from technology. practice it and notice how better life could become with a check point on intrusions like these.
Buy the look at : https://www.facebook.com/PastelsnPink
This is Shrithi, founder of The Chic Iconic. I am a minimalist , aesthetic and a positivist by nature. Along side I am an optimist , I transfigure my ideas, thoughts and tips into beautiful fairy tale moments and blog posts.