Welcome to the Monthly series of The Chic Iconic......We chose to write about beautiful vineyards in the Tri-state - Virginia, Maryland and Washington DC Today..Since we are taking up unique projects each month , You guys will be seeing posts about one topic the whole month.....
So Today I am writing about "Boordy Vineyards" which is located in Hydes , Maryland , 8 miles north east of Baltimore Beltway (I- 695) and also would be a thirty minute drive from Baltimore downtown. The Boordy Vineyards is 72 years old and serves two variety of wine types:
1. Chesapeake Icon Tasting : includes eight samples of iconic chesapeake wines with a price of 8 $.
2. Landmark Tasting: includes 8 samples of boordy's landmark series with a price f 15 $.
Since you guys get lots of info on the Boordy's website , I will be writing about some points to note before you visit Boordy vineyards. Most of us need a weekend get away from the busy 9-5 life we spend at our desks on weekdays. So why choose Vineyards on some weekends? Here is why , I felt it is an apt choice sometimes. Not because I am a pro in wine tasting , but because I am a nature lover and green gives me peace.
Things you need to know about Boordy Vineyards:
1. Boordy Vineyards do not serve a venue for weddings , wedding receptions , underage birthday parties or engagement parties.
2. There are four party rooms available : St Vincent Room , The Wine Cellar , The Barn , The Barn & Wine Cellar.
3. Like any other winery they have tours at timings.
4. Its a kid friendly vineyard and serves as a picnic spot.
5. Outside food is not allowed in the party rooms but can be taken to tables outside.
6. Live music is a part of boordy's culture.
This vineyard has got my eyes stick with its interiors rather than exteriors. Since its is located a little towards the country side , it provides an opportunity for its local farmers to sell their fresh produce in the premises. What tastes better than something right of the produce gardens. We had tons of fresh berries. It also has a grill with fresh burgers and pizza.
So we picked this winery for its complete package of weekend entertainment with wine glass , live music , barn tour , picnic tables, fresh produce and finally some "cupples" tea tasting. It is a local tea brand , they exhibit and provide tea tasting in various places. I loved their raspberry tea. Check them out as well on Instagram @cupples_tea.
Stay tuned for the part -2 of the winery project............!
Out fit : Sheinofficial Bag : Yves Saint Laurent
This is Shrithi, founder of Chic Iconic. I do the write up for the fashion statements, styles and tips. Stop and have a glimpse of Chic-Iconic blog, take tips, follow posts and turn yourself a smart fashion Icon with very minimal details, but great sense of fashion.